Top of the Ridge Farm Bed & Breakfast, located in New Durham, New Hampshire, warmly welcomes all guests. However, due to the historic significance of our circa 1760 property, we regret that Top of the Ridge Farm Bed & Breakfast does not offer accessible guest rooms per 16 U.S.C. 470 et seq. and/or § 36.405. Removal of necessary physical barriers for accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the historic significance of the property. Guests staying with us enjoy the authentic and charming irregular nature of the layout of an 18th-century building but we recognize that guests with limited mobility may experience difficulties with the natural historic character of the property.
The physical barriers include the following:
- Topography of the property has level changes to navigate.
- Elevated access requires the navigation of steps to the entrance of the Inn.
- Three of four bedrooms are located on the second floor.
- There is no elevator.
- Due to the historic nature of the building, the interior structure includes narrow hallways and doorways that do not accommodate a wheelchair.
- No rooms include a roll in shower.
So all guests can enjoy Top of the Ridge Farm Bed & Breakfast, significant steps have been taken to remove barriers where possible at our property. We offer the following for those with limited disabilities:
Sergeant Libbey – This ground level room offers a king-sized bed and comfortable seating and easier access to the common spaces. The tiled, en-suite bathroom features a walk-in shower with bench and 12-inch rain shower head. The sliding doors open to a large private deck featuring a table and chairs. Step navigation is required to access the grounds from the deck.
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit Top of The Ridge Farm Bed & Breakfast can do so, regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA:
- It is our standard operating procedure that individuals with disabilities be able to make reservations for an accessible accommodation during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need an accessible room.
- We have identified and described accessible features as well as physical barriers with enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether a given guest room meets their accessibility needs.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs will be provided access to all areas of the inn where members of the public are allowed to go.
Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. For special accommodation needs, you may call us directly at 603-393-0005 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 603-393-0005 with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.